ARC’s of several books above provided by publishers via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- It was a great weekend. Yesterday was National Book Lover’s Day, and I got to finish a book in celebration. It’s always a good weekend when I can finish a book!
- The book I finished was In a Dark, Dark Wood and, although the first half was a bit of a struggle for me (I wasn’t a fan of any of the characters), once I hit about the 60% mark, the suspense kicked up a notch and things got really interesting. Enough for me to keep reading and enjoy it from that point on. I fear the Black-Eyed Susans has set impossibly high expectations for all future suspense novels I pick up. 😉
- Before We Were Strangers is getting serious praise right now, and it’s a new-to-me author. I’ve had the ARC from Netgalley for awhile, and the buzz had me picking it up last week. I only got a few chapters into it, but I am loving the writing style. I also started my first McMahon book, The Night Sister, and so far, so good. It definitely has my attention, and I hope it ends up being as creepy as it sounds.
- I ordered the decorations and gifts for Sunnie’s 5th birthday, which is only a few weeks away. My baby is growing up too fast, and I can hardly believe she’s turning 5! She asked for a Paw Patrol themed party – which is a cartoon on Nick Jr. that she loves. And next week we have our parent meeting at her preschool. Slow down, time!
- It was a pretty low-key weekend, which is always nice. I’m thankful to have gotten off work early on Friday, because it was perfect weather to take Sunnie to the park. The weather’s been very cooperative lately.
- And now I’m off to finish my lunch and maybe get a little reading in. Have a great week!