This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- I’ve had quite a bit going on the past few weeks, and I wasn’t up for doing this post last week. We had a great Easter holiday – Sunnie loved her Frozen bike! Now if only we could get some nice weather so she can get outside to ride it. She also loved going to the Cleveland Aquarium. It was a really fun weekend with family.
- Because of our crazy up and down weather, it’s difficult for everyone to stay healthy. Sunnie is currently fighting a cold and cough, going on 5 days now. This morning she seems a little better, so I’m hoping it’s on it’s way out of her system.
- Last week I had to say goodbye to my 18 year old cat, Baby. It was an extremely difficult decision, but she had a stroke Tuesday evening, and at her age there just wasn’t a whole lot we could do. It broke my heart, and I miss her terribly. It’s never easy saying goodbye to a pet. I am so lucky to have had her in my life – she was the best cat. And the outpouring of love from all of my friends, IRL and online, has been so kind and very much appreciated.
- My reading has suffered a little bit with everything going on. But I am really excited for all of the great books I’ve added to my TBR/Kindle the past two weeks.
- As for running – I ran my first 6 miles outside over the weekend. I’ve been training for a 10K, and it was the best feeling of accomplishment when I finished in under 60 minutes. I am really working hard to build endurance and run at a pace I’m comfortable with, so I can run longer.
- We don’t really have much planned this upcoming weekend. I hope Sunnie is feeling better by then, and if not it’ll be a weekend of rest.
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
So far, this week hasn’t been a great running week. I haven’t been able to get up in the mornings to run because of getting up so many times during the night with Sunnie. I had laid out my running clothes for this morning, but after being up with her several times in the night, I was exhausted when my alarm went off. I hope to get in a run as soon as I get home this evening. Running definitely helps me during stressful weeks to feel better.
I’ve also ordered a Kettlebell so that I can try some different types of strength training. I do well building strength training it into my routine for a week or two, and then I start to slack off again. Because I pretty much hate it, and I will find any excuse not to do it. Maybe I need variety, so that’s why I’m going to try some Kettlebell workouts. Laura over at This Runner’s Recipes wrote a great post about A Runner’s Love Hate Relationship with Strength Training.
I’m also interested in trying Kickboxing. I found some fun routines on Pinterest, and I think I’ll look into any classes being held locally. It seems like a fun workout and something to break up the routine a bit.