This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- In my bookish world, I’m bouncing back and forth between a few different books. Sadly, Losing the Light isn’t holding my attention (it’s probably just me and my current mood), so I started two suspense novels, No One Knows and Whisper of Warning, and I’m loving them both so far.
- I took Monday off because I had a doctor’s appointment in the morning, and just decided it would be nice to extend the weekend an extra day. I met a girlfriend for lunch while our daughters played, it was a nice day (weather-wise), my hubby made me a fantastic dinner (that crack chicken I love so damn much), and I got in two runs (first time for running twice in one day). I’d love Monday’s if they were all like that! 😉
- Over the weekend I decided to start a behavior sticker chart/calendar for Sunnie. For every new food she tries (this is a big deal – my child doesn’t eat anything), she’ll get a sticker. And for every day she does her chores (we’re not slave drivers – she makes her bed, picks up her toys, feeds the cats), she gets a sticker. We let her pick out the calendar she wanted (Frozen – SHOCKER), and the stickers (more Frozen…), and she was so excited. The reward she’s working for is a trip to Chuck E Cheese (ugh), and so far it has been working like a charm! She’s tried more new foods in the past week than in the past year. She’s been picking up her toys and messes without argument. WHY didn’t I start this sooner!?! Better start saving up my patience, because it looks like a trip to Chuck E Cheese will be in my near future.
- I have been determined to get back into trying new recipes, and this week we had Baked Tortellini Casserole (very yummy and easy) and Rachael Ray’s Super Sloppy Joes (I LOVED this). Tonight we’re having Steak and Gravy over white rice (a favorite of mine, because it’s easy and delicious). I have 4 more new recipes on deck, and hopefully they’re good.
- The week seems to be going quickly, probably because of taking Monday off. And there’s nothing eventful on the agenda for this upcoming weekend. My goal is to finish a book (or two) and get in a long run, hopefully outside if the weather cooperates!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!