This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- I finished two really good books this week. Salt to the Sea (worth the heartbreak to read it) and The Allure of Julian Lefray (adorable and just what I needed). Now I’m in the very beginning of Find Her, a book I’ve been wanting to read for awhile. So far it’s good. The happy reading streak continues!
- I wrote a non bookish blog post last week about my struggles to stay healthy. It was kind of therapeutic to get all of that out, and it will be good for me to go back and read it when I need the motivation. I’ve been doing better this week sticking to a healthier diet and my running schedule. But it’s definitely still a daily struggle – just some days are harder than others.
- I ran my second 5k of the year on Saturday with my sister-in-law. It was fun and not too terribly cold, although there were some brutal hills, which I’m not used to. My neighborhood is really hilly, and I’ve only been able to run it once in the past month because of the weather. I need it to get warm again so I can get in some more hill practice! Regardless, we finished in 29 minutes, and my goal is to always finish under 30. So, I was thrilled with that!
- Sunnie is having her Valentine’s Day party at school today. It was our first year of picking out cards and her having to sign all of them for her classmates. She was beyond excited this morning, and I’m excited to pick her up and hear all about it.
- Because of the frigid temps they’re calling for this weekend – I really don’t plan on leaving my house unless I absolutely have to. And I think a new potato soup recipe will be on the menu for one of those cold days. The upside of this freezing weather – we’re getting a lot of use out of our fireplace!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!