This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- I started Salt to the Sea last night, and it’s really good so far. Several characters are introduced immediately, and I was struggling a bit keeping everyone straight. I think I was too tired last night to concentrate on the book fully. Hopefully tonight I’ll be able to focus on it better.
- On the blog this week I posted a couple of reviews – All the Missing Girls and He Will Be My Ruin, and participated in a new feature/meme hosted by Kimberlyfaye Reads – TBR Thursday. Pretty happy with my blog activity so far this year. Just hoping I can keep up with it and not go through a burn out period anytime soon.
- Not a whole lot of excitement on the home front. We’ve been very boring these days, just going about our normal routines of work, home, dance class, repeat. I didn’t even attempt any new recipes this week, although we did repeat a few of the new recipes that have become part of the permanent rotation. For Super Bowl Sunday, hubby wants to make some sausage and cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapeno thing he saw on Facebook last week. He had me at ‘bacon’.
- This Saturday I’m running in a 5k with my sister-in-law, and I’m excited for it, although I really hope the temps are at least above freezing. We have been fortunate to have a mild winter with barely any snow, and our temps even got up to 60 degrees yesterday! Just to plummet back down to the 30’s today with a chance of flurries. Typical crazy Ohio weather. I hope the groundhog is right and spring is just around the corner.
- Over the next few weeks I have to start thinking about the Kindergarten registration process for Sunnie, and I just can’t believe she’s going to be starting Kindergarten! Where is the time going?!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
After kicking the sinus infection, I’ve gotten back into my normal running routine, and even focused harder this week on getting more steps and burning more calories. I felt like the past few weeks I had really gotten lazy and slacked off, only doing the bare minimum every day. I know being sick didn’t help, but I feel better when I’m pushing myself weekly to be as active as possible. It took me about a week to get back into the groove after being sick, but I’m back to running every morning and even getting in some walking in the evenings. Next week I plan on starting to slowly add mileage, working towards the goal of running a 10k. And I’m excited to run my second 5k of the year this Saturday!