This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- And another great book week for me! I finished The Shadow and loved it. You can read my review here. I also read Never Never Part Three – my review will post tomorrow. And I read and reviewed the most f’ud up book ever – Behind Closed Doors.
- Now I’m reading a new Robyn Carr book that I’m loving. It’s been a long time since I’ve read one of her books – I loved the Virgin River series (but only got through book 7). Her writing is so realistic and the witty banter in this book is awesome.
- I also just started the new Taylor Jenkins Reid book, One True Loves, that I was really excited to receive an ARC for. Love her books.
- On the home front, I was so happy last night that after 5 years of living in our house, we finally have a working fireplace! It’s a gas fireplace, but we never wanted to risk using it until we had someone check it for leaks and to make sure the chimney was clear. We had some bad luck with fireplaces at our previous residence and would rather be safe than sorry. It’s been on our To Do list to have it looked at, but just never got around to it. We should have made it a priority to have it looked at way before now, because I love it! I told my husband it feels like we’re at the cabin when we have it on – so cozy. I’m already looking forward to going home tonight and having it on.
Also, I love my mantle banner. I find the cutest stuff on Jane.com
- I was really excited to come home one day last week and find my new Wino sweatshirt from Mad Love had arrived. I saw it shared on Instagram a few weeks ago and had to have it. It’s seriously the most comfortable sweatshirt.
- Tried several new Pinterest recipes since last week, all of which where a big success. Made a Beef Stroganoff (this was my favorite), Chicken Teriyaki (my husband loved this one), Sausage Biscuits & Gravy Casserole, & Better Than Anything Cake.
First picture is the Sausage Biscuits & Gravy casserole. Really good and so easy. And the cake was definitely better than any cake I’ve ever made. After indulging too much, it’s the last cake I plan to make for awhile!
- Last weekend we were all sick with a cold/sinus issues off and on and did a lot of resting. I took Friday off work because Sunnie and I both felt pretty horrible. Although we are all feeling a bit better, it’s hard to shake it off completely with this weather. This weekend we don’t have much planned, and if it continues to be freezing out, you’ll find me sitting in front of the fireplace. 😉
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
I was plagued with a stupid migraine on Saturday, which put a major dent in my steps for the week. I had even planned a long run for that day, but could barely move from the couch. I’ve managed to do a few longer runs this week. Long for me is 4 miles before my knees start aching. But I’ll take it, because the longer I go the more calories I burn! I realized this week that I’m up a few pounds (I should probably stop baking cakes, huh?) and it freaked me out. I do know that weight doesn’t define me, as long as I’m feeling good and my clothes fit – that’s the true measure for being fit. But I have to admit that after losing so much weight, I can’t help but get a little scared when I see the scale jump up. And I’m only talking 3 pounds, so for all I know it’s just water weight! I do need to drink more water – I’m terrible with that.
So the little bit of weight gain has me motivated to really focus on my diet harder and making sure I’m eating healthier, so I can drop those pesky pounds and feel better about myself.
This was my motivator this week: