This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday for those of you in the states. It was a wonderful mini vacation for me – I loved the days at home with Nunz and Sunnie. Dinner went well, and of course there were tons of leftovers that we ate for days. Sometimes I think the leftovers are the best part. And as is always the case, the time went way too fast.
My little family on Thanksgiving ❤
- Over the weekend, Anna the Elf made her big return. Sunnie was over the moon excited. We had dinner plans with friends, so when Nunz took Sunnie to get her in the car, I quickly pulled up a letter I had prepped from Anna on my computer and left her where Sunnie would see her as soon as we got home. Since then Anna has driven the Barbie car, been in Sunnie’s stocking and in the Christmas tree, been sleeping in my sock drawer, and making a snow angel out of rice on the kitchen counter. Sunnie gets the biggest kick out of Anna’s shenanigans. I am not the most creative person in the world, so thank goodness for Pinterest and all the great ideas out there. I don’t know how I’m going to come up with 3 more weeks worth of ideas, but I will somehow pull it off. Sunnie practically jumps out of bed every morning to look for her elf – her excitement makes it all worth it.
- Tried another new VERY easy Pinterest recipe last week – Crockpot Steak & Gravy, and it was good. Definitely one we’ll have again. I loved it over rice. I’m going to make this Chili Pasta Bake tonight. Trying to get creative with leftovers, because with all of these meals I’m trying, there always seems to be a TON left over. We had chili for dinner earlier in the week, so why not mix in some pasta and cheese and have it again?
- My husband and I are attending a work holiday dinner on Saturday night and are getting all dressed up for it. Should be a good time. I’m also hoping to get Sunnie’s Christmas present shopping done this weekend. I’m not usually one to wait until the last minute, but this year I just put it off, and now I’m of the mindset of just wanting to get it over with. I do not love shopping or crowds at all. Normally I would’ve ordered everything online to avoid having to actually go to the store, but I waited too long, and now I’m worried I won’t get the stuff she really wants in time. I’m hopeful the things she REALLY wants aren’t sold out, like they were last year. Like the Frozen Castle that I paid double for on e-Bay (and that she never plays with). She’s still on a Frozen kick this year, and the toy she’s asking for the most is a Frozen musical toy bicycle that has the sister dolls with it.
- I was in the worst reading funk since SUNDAY. I had started probably 10 books and couldn’t get interested in any one of them. I had no clue what I was in the mood for. Then a few bookworm friends on Instagram were raving about a Sandra Brown book, and it caught my attention. I have always loved Sandra Brown and romantic suspense, so I started it last night. So far I’m really into it, THANK GOODNESS. Going 4 days without settling on a book is so out of the norm for me.
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
I saw a Runner’s World challenge on Instagram where you are supposed to run at least a mile a day until New Years. I’m giving it a try! I normally give myself at least one day off a week, but I figure 1 mile on that ‘rest’ day is no big deal. I would normally try to at least walk on my rest day anyway. My knee is a bit sore this week, so there were two days I only ran one mile. Getting better at not pushing myself too hard when I’m feeling pain – I would hate to do any serious damage. I’m trying to get better at doing my knee exercises every day, and that seems to be helping.
I love running outside, especially in the cooler weather, and don’t get to do it as often as I’d like to. My girlfriend from work has been meeting me on the weekends to run whenever she can, and we met up this past Sunday. And now that my hubby is officially done with his fishing season and is home all weekend, he’s spoiling me with breakfasts – I gotta work off all them calories. 😉