This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- I’m posting this a few days early, because I have every intention of enjoying the holiday without getting on my laptop at all. I’m really excited for Thanksgiving dinner and having my parents over to eat. After dinner, the plans are to relax, watch football, perhaps get lost in a book, and just enjoy the day at home with my two favorite people.
- I’m so close to finishing Grayson’s Vow, and I’m loving it. Mia Sheridan‘s books are really wonderful, giving me the same emotional experiences similar to reading a Colleen Hoover book. I have a few more Sheridan books on my TBR list that I need to read asap. I would have finished this last night, but decided being present at work was more important. 😉
- Sunnie had a blast being in the local parade on Saturday. And I quote, “this is the best day of my life!” Lol. Although it was pretty cold, the time went quickly, and it was worth it to see how excited she was to be in her first parade.
- Crafting with my girlfriend Nela was a big success! I love my Christmas canvas, and it was super easy to make. Our letters were a tad big, so we weren’t able to fit ‘Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas’, and went with this instead…
- And after saying I wasn’t ready to decorate yet, making the canvas and having Sunnie beg me to put up the tree (and my husband egging her on), I caved on Saturday night. The nice part about it was that Nunz and Sunnie decorated the entire tree and all I had to do was decorate the mantel and put up the rest of the decor. And while they were decorating the tree, I made dinner, trying a new recipe for a Beef and Noodle Bake, that was delicious!
- In addition to the beef and noodle bake, I decided to make my hubby an ice cream cake. Both he and Sunnie loved it, and I probably ate more of it than I should, but it was worth it!
- Sunday was a day of catching up on load after load of laundry and finishing up the cleaning I didn’t get done on Saturday. I also attempted Italian Wedding Soup for the first time, and it turned out really yummy. I asked my hubby what the hell is happening to me, with all of these new recipes and actually enjoying cooking the past few weeks! He’s loving it, and I admit that I’ve been enjoying it, too. All it took was me getting fed up with eating the same stuff all the time, and now I’m on the hunt every week to find something new to try.
- Back to the Christmas tree – my cat, Mollie, has been getting into the tree every night since we put it up. I wake up to a broken ornament every morning and branches barely hanging on. No doubt we’ll need a new tree next year, because she’s pretty much destroyed this one. Sometimes she’s the sweetest thing and other times she’s an asshole.
- I’m off work tomorrow until Monday. Tomorrow I have plans to meet my girlfriend at her gym to try one of the yoga classes she loves. I’m not a huge yoga person, having only tried it once or twice, but I know it’s a great exercise for runners, and it’s good for me to do other types of exercise once in awhile, even though I prefer running to anything else. 😉 Then after the gym I have to prep and finish getting everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner! I’m really looking forward to having these days off to be home with my family. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
Not enough hours in the day
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
I went to a local store specializing in athletic shoes and the salesman helped me find a new pair of shoes that would fit my needs (knee problems and flat feet). And I’m happy to say the new shoes made a HUGE difference! It seems that all I really needed was better arch support, which my old shoes did not have, not to mention they had too many miles on them. I loved my Nike’s, and after trying on several different brands, I went with another pair of Nike’s, ones with much better support. They feel awesome, and the next morning I was able to run my 3 miles with NO knee pain! I still have some knee soreness, which I’m trying to alleviate with strengthening exercises. But I’m just so happy that the pain is gone, and I’ve been able to run just about every day since getting the shoes.
Decided yesterday to take a day off of exercise, and didn’t even worry about getting my normal step count in. After running the past 5 days in a row, I knew my legs and knees needed the rest. But to be honest, I slept horribly last night, and I think that has everything to do with not getting any physical activity yesterday. Even on my running rest days, I would normally try to get a walk in or hit my 10,000 steps. And I normally have no problems sleeping!
I definitely plan on getting in an early run on Thanksgiving, so I can eat all of the yummy food completely guilt free. 😉