This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- Finished Forever, Interrupted, and you can read my review here. I can’t say enough how much I love Taylor Jenkins Reid and will read anything she writes! If you haven’t read her books you need to add them to your list!
- I also finished The Last Camellia last night, and I really enjoyed it. I had part of it figured out around the halfway point, but there were still a few twists at the end I didn’t see coming. Not my favorite Jio book, but still pretty good.
- TWO books read this week. That rarely happens. *does happy dance* That brought me to 60 books read for the year, which is 10 more than my goal. I don’t focus on number of books read too much anymore, because it started stressing me out. But, I am pretty happy I’ve read that many this year, especially with all of the book slumps I’ve suffered recently. And I’ve got time to read a few more.
- I took Sunnie to an ENT on Monday, and the doctor thinks all we need to do is some allergy testing to make sure she’s on the correct medicine, if she even needs medicine. I was relieved he didn’t think there were any other issues. And now I feel like I can rest easier knowing I’ve done everything I can to make sure she’s a healthy and happy kid. This week she’s not been as stuffy and is breathing a lot better and feeling better than she has in over a month – very thankful for that!
- This picture came up on my Timehop this week. We had our first big snow this time last year, and I already had all of our Christmas decorations up. All week it’s been 60-70 degrees every day, and I have zero desire to get out our Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving. I’m really glad we haven’t gotten any snow, although they are saying it’s a possibility this weekend. I’m just not ready. But, ready or not, this is Ohio.
- Sunnie is in the local Thanksgiving Parade this Saturday morning with her dance studio. She gets to ride on a flat bed truck with the other girls in her class, and parents have to ride along too. They all have matching sweatshirts and pom poms – it’s really cute. Of course it’s going to be super cold, so we’ll be bundling up!
- Speaking of Thanksgiving, I really need to get all of my recipes out and get my game plan together for next week, since I’m making it! I’m all about waiting until the last minute these days. I’m taking Wednesday off work, so if need be I’ll have a whole day to get my shit together.
- Last Thursday I made this Pasta Sausage Bake for dinner, and it’s my new favorite Pinterest find. It’s so easy and delicious, I already want to make it again soon.
- I have plans with my friend Nela to do some crafting this weekend and attempt to make this for my mantel. I am the least crafty person, so we’ll see if I can pull it off.
In case you missed it…
Need to decide today! In an effort to try to get into the holiday spirit, I’m thinking of starting a Christmas themed book.
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Because of my knees, I’ve been running a bit slower this week. I figure I’d rather run slower, than not run at all, and at least I’m still running. This morning the pain was pretty bad, and it’s bumming me out a bit. I’m doing some more research today to see what else I can do about it. I’ve been doing exercises and taking anti-inflammatory medicine. My doctor thinks it’s tendinitis, and suggested I ice them after every run. I’m also going tomorrow night to get a new pair of running shoes, and a friend suggested special vitamins for knee joints. With all of these things, I hope I can get it under control. I’ll be pretty upset if I have to take off time from running, so fingers crossed something works. It’s incredibly frustrating to have finally started getting healthy, finding something I LOVE to do, and having my body give out.
On a happy note, we are having a 5k run/walk in December as a department team building activity at work! I’m in charge of getting it all set up – the plan is to start and end at the local park. I have to get a route mapped out, and we’re having t-shirts made. Who would’ve thought a year ago that I’d be suggesting and organizing a 5k?!
And a small non-scale victory for myself this week – I stopped to get my family dinner last night at McDonald’s, and didn’t get anything for myself. I used to be a fast food junkie, and would NEVER turn down an opportunity to eat McDonald’s. But instead I went home and made myself a veggie burger with veggie chips (which I love, and could eat every day!) and was pretty proud of myself for that decision. I’m not saying I didn’t treat myself earlier in the day to a cookie at work, and I may have stolen a few fries out of Sunnie’s Happy Meal. It’s all about balance and making the right choices when they need to be made. I’ve been eating kind of bad over the past week, and I’m trying to turn it around and get back on track.