This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- I can’t believe it’s November already! And Christmas is being shoved in our faces at every turn. Can we get through Thanksgiving first?! I will say that I’ve already made out Sunnie’s Christmas list and am ready to get my shopping over with. The shopping is definitely the most stressful part of the season for me, so if I can get it all done early, I feel like I can relax and enjoy the holidays.
- Everyone was feeling better in our house, until the weather temps spiked and messed with us. Sunnie has another cough that I’m trying desperately to get a handle on before it gets worse. Her pediatrician is also referring her to an ENT in the hopes that maybe they will be able to figure out the solution to her constant sinus issues.
- Sunnie had a blast with Trick or Treat last weekend! She doesn’t eat candy, but she got plenty of it to share with her dad. 😉 My hubby was successful in making my Grumpy Cat pumpkin (he amazes me every year with his skills), and we had a Halloween movie marathon, as well as watched the first Friday the 13th!
- I’ve been catching up on my blog this week. It’s been a long time coming – I’ve been a major slacker lately. Posted a series of Mini Reviews, with several more scheduled over the next few days. I’m glad to have some of my blogging mojo back. Now if I could just decide what to read next…
- I finished a really good book this week – Ride Steady, but STILL haven’t decided what to read next. I was going to start something last night, but after Sunnie’s dance class, dinner, bath time, doing a load of laundry, and then getting Sunnie settled down enough to fall asleep (from having a coughing fit), it was 10 pm, and I was done. I took some NyQuil to combat my own sinus problems and hit the hay. I’m hoping tonight I can find a book to stick with.
- I’m running my second 5k this Saturday, and I’m super excited! It’s a local fundraiser race that currently has 700 people signed up for it! I’ve had it on my radar for the past month, but after being sick last week and not training at all, I wasn’t sure if I could run it. I’ve gotten back into a decent running schedule this week, and have been trying to build my endurance back up. I may not be able to beat or even meet my time from the last race, and I’m fine with that. I just really wanted to get one more race under my belt before the snow flies.
- As far as meals in our house last week – the chili was a big success and hubby has requested it to be in the meal plan for the next two weeks. I also tried a new recipe, Easy Beef Taco Pasta, that was really good. It made so many leftovers that I took some over to my parents for their dinner the next day, and they loved it. On the list to try these next two weeks are this Pasta Sausage Bake and Crockpot Steak and Gravy.
- And because National Cat Day was last week, here’s a picture of my babies, just because.
In case you missed it…
I haven’t decided yet. UGH!
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
I’m back to my normal routine and SO glad. 5 runs this week, and that makes me happy! Yesterday was my rest day, but I still got in a 3 mile walk over my lunch break. I normally only take one day for rest, as my goal is to run 6 days a week, but since I’m running a race on Saturday morning, I’m going to take tomorrow off too. I’ll still try to get a walk in just to warm up my muscles, but I run better when I’ve had a rest day the day before. One of my best friends from work is running the race with me, and I’m really looking forward to it!
I have a question for you runners – if I’m running 5-6 days a week, is 3-4 miles a day (which ends up being 30-40 minutes for me) a good enough exercise regime? I keep reading conflicting articles online that stress getting at least 60 minutes of exercise a day. Well, my knees are baaad, and I can usually only do one long run a week without them acting up. To burn calories and also eat more (cause let’s face it, that’s the main reason I run), I make sure I’m getting at least 5k every day, and sometimes more, if my knees are cooperating. Some days, if time allows, I will take a quick walk on my lunch break that equals out to be 60 minutes total of exercise a day, but I’m not able to do that every day. I know most people say to do whatever works for you, but I’d like to know what other people’s opinions are on how much exercise is ‘enough’ exercise in a week. I still track all my calories and this schedule has been working for me, as I’m maintaining my weight fine. But I get this nagging feeling some days that I’m not doing enough. And I don’t like doing any other exercise except running! I guess if it works for me, then it is enough, and I just need to stop reading stupid articles online. HA! 🙂