This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- Well, I can say that I’m really glad the week is almost over. Normally I try not to live for the weekends, but I’ll be glad to see this week in the rear view mirror! After work on Friday, we took peanut to a local pumpkin patch, and she had a blast. I’m so grateful for that, because the rest of the weekend was a bust with me getting sick. I’m tired of being a debbie downer, so I’ll just say that I ended up with bronchitis, am on antibiotics, had the worst cough ever, but thankfully today I am feeling a little better and hopeful that the crud is on it’s way out!
- I am really thankful that Sunnie is pretty much back to feeling like herself and is back to her normal routine of school and dance. Last night she got to wear her Halloween costume to dance class and was so excited about it. She is Anna from Frozen this year. 😉
- This Saturday is Trick or Treat, and as of right now the weather looks like it may cooperate for it. Besides TorT, we have no other plans for the weekend. I want to catch up on sleep, and attempt to get back onto a running schedule. I haven’t run in a week because of this cough, and I’m ready to get back to my normal routine.
- I finished Secret Sisters, but I don’t recommend it. It was just blah. And I had every intention of reading another suspense this week, had even started The Accident Season, but out of no where I got the urge to pick up Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley. I haven’t read a KA book in a very long time, and I have to be in the mood for books like these, especially her books. She has a very distinct writing style that isn’t for everyone. The mood struck, and I just went with it, and I haven’t been able to put the book down. The downside to her books, in my opinion, are how long they are, but this one is reading surprisingly fast for me. I’m just happy a book is keeping my attention right now!
- I didn’t try any new recipes this week, but I did get the ingredients to make a few new things over the next week. The rainy, cold weather all week has been perfect for a few of our favorite staples – Ham and Bean Soup and Johnny Marzetti. Both make a TON of food, and we’ve been having the leftovers, which saves on groceries, so I’m not complaining! I’m making my first attempt at my mom’s chili tonight, and I hope it’s good. I’m not sure why this has become part of my weekly posts – but I am enjoying trying new meals and sharing about them! It’s definitely unlike me to enjoy cooking – I normally hate the kitchen with a passion.
- Tonight the plan is to carve another pumpkin. Hubby already carved one pumpkin this week with Sunnie, but we always get two pumpkins every year to carve. He really enjoys it (and I don’t, nor do I have the skills), so I picked out a Grumpy Cat pattern for him to attempt tonight. 😉 And after peanut goes to bed we’ll have our annual viewing of Halloween. If I can manage to stay awake long enough. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
This past week has by far been the worst week for me since I started running and bought my Fitbit. And it couldn’t be helped, which I realize. I have to let my body fully recover from the bronchitis, and know I can’t push myself, or it’ll take longer to get back to my normal routine. I do miss running, having not run in a week now. It is my daily stress reliever and helps me keep my sanity. I’ll be so glad to get back to my normal routine, and I’m hopeful that’ll be this weekend. Just going to take it slow at first so I don’t over do it and end up sick again!