This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- Well, what I thought was just a cold that my peanut was fighting last week turned into a case of pneumonia. Poor thing was the most miserable I’ve ever seen her, with the highest fever she’s ever had. I’m sure I’ve said this before, but there is nothing more heartbreaking than a sick child, especially when you can’t do anything to ease their discomfort or pain. I ended up taking Friday off from work to stay home with her, and when I called her doctor, they wanted me to bring her in to rule out pneumonia. I was pretty shocked to hear she did indeed have it, so she was immediately put on some strong antibiotics, and thankfully by Saturday you could tell a big difference in how she felt. By Monday she was pretty much back to her happy self, and we are thankful for that!
- I mentioned in my WWW post yesterday how excited I was to be on the blog tour for November 9 and to receive an ARC of the book over the weekend. For a fan like me, this was the highlight of my year, bookishly speaking. I flew through reading it in two days, because it was so good I didn’t want to put it down. It easily took the spot of my favorite CoHo book.
- Tried a new recipe over the weekend, One Pot Tortellini and Sausage, and it was a big hit with my hubby. It’s definitely going into the monthly rotation. Tonight I’m going to try this recipe for The Pioneer Woman’s Sour Cream Noodle Bake that was recommended by my friend Michelle on her blog. Michelle has been inspiring me a lot recently to try new meals, and I have a few more on tap for next week.
- I finished another one of my creeptastic reads last night – The Dead House. If you want something addicting, creepy and totally bizarre – go for this book. It was a little confusing at times, but overall I really enjoyed it. I know Nicholas Sparks doesn’t fall into the creeptastic reads category (although it is supposed to be romantic suspense), I’m hoping it’s a quick read so I can get back to my plan of reading all things scary.
- My hubby’s birthday was on Tuesday, and his wish was just to order pizza and have a chill night. And that’s exactly what we did. This whole week has been pretty chill, and I’m not complaining!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
I’m pretty much on track this week, which makes me happy. Not as much extra walking on my lunch breaks as I normally like simply because work has been busy, so I’m working through lunch a lot of days. Yesterday was my rest day from running, as I was having some knee pain. Still feeling the knee pain today and hoping it’s just from doing a long run on Saturday and not giving myself enough recovery time. I’m not letting it stop me from running daily, maybe just slow me down a bit. 😉