This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
- The flu bug is gone, to be replaced with a cold & cough. My poor peanut started coughing on Saturday, and it just got worse by Sunday. And then by Monday, I had it too. The cough is still lingering, but I think (hope) the worst of it is gone.
- Thankfully I didn’t catch the crud before Sunday, because I ran my first 5K, and it was so awesome! I couldn’t have asked for more perfect running weather. The course wasn’t too hilly, and I finished in 28:28, which is way faster than I ever imagined for my first race. My girlfriend from work ran it with me, and I couldn’t have hoped for a better experience. My hubby was there to cheer me on, and the only bummer was that we had to leave Sunnie at home with my mom. We decided not to take her out in the cold, with her cough, which was a good call since it was much colder than I had thought it would be.
I’m ready to sign up for another one!
I will admit that crossing that finish line was a very emotional experience. I have been training and working so hard for this, and to finally accomplish something I would have never imagined possible – it’s an amazing feeling.
- Making progress with my Creeptastic October reads! I finished Daughters unto Devils over the weekend, which I had just picked up on a whim Saturday. Very creepy and perfect for this time of year. Now I’m loving The Dead House.
- Backtracking to the weekend, we had a date night on Friday. We did a little shopping and had dinner at our favorite local Italian place. And when we got home, we watched The Shining, which was on AMC (I LOVE AMC this time of year with all the scary movies!). Which leads me to wondering what are YOUR favorite scary movies? Mine will always be Halloween, hands down. But I also love the Scream movies. I can’t remember the last time I watched a movie that really spooked the hell outta me (although The Shining did creep me out a bit), so if you have any recommendations for a movie that’s sure to make me jump, please share!
- Last night I got to watch Sunnie’s dance class (normally parents aren’t allowed in the room), and I was so impressed with how much the girls have learned in a month. It’s very structured, but fun at the same time, and their teacher is fantastic. Sunnie loves it, and I really think dance could be something she continues doing for years. I know I’m biased, but I think she’s really good!
- Looking forward to the weekend if only to sleep in a bit and shake this stupid cold. I hope everyone has a good one!
In case you missed it…
Recently Finished Reading
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Even despite feeling like crapola most of the week, I’ve been making myself get up every morning to run, in hopes of sweating out the crud. Except for today – today is my rest day. I do feel better after running, but I haven’t had it in me to do a long run this week, just my 3 miles every day. Hoping to get in a long run this weekend if I’m feeling better.