I always see other people go to a bookstore and get lucky to find a new release that has been put out on the shelves early. This book isn’t scheduled to release until August 11, but Books a Million had it out on the shelves yesterday, so I grabbed a copy! This author wrote one of my favorite books of all time, The Edge of Never, and I hope this book is equally as good!
ARC’s of several books above provided by publishers via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- It pains me to say that I’m not loving Playing Dead like I did Black-Eyed Susans. The pace is MUCH slower, and it’s not as creepy or suspenseful. I think because it’s a slower read, I’m starting to lose interest and could care less what happens. Which sucks, especially when I’m 60% into the book. Being so invested, I won’t DNF now – but I REALLY hope it gets exciting soon. Or else I’m going to skim to the end to get it over with. A real bummer.
- Because this book is so slow, it’s put me into another reading slump. I hate that. Hoping to finish this one tonight, and that the next book I pick up is better at keeping my attention.
- I signed up for Bout of Books 14! It’s such a fun week – make sure you sign up!
- The weekend started out a bit rough with my peanut not feeling well. For over a week she’s been fighting some type of summer cold/allergies, and the worst of it hit her on Friday night through Saturday night. Sunnie is VERY active and constantly on the move, so I know she’s not feeling well when all she wants to do is lay around and watch movies. We stayed in all day Saturday so she could get some much needed rest, and by Sunday morning she was back to being our perky, happy girl. She’s still fighting a little bit of the cold, but it’s not bringing her down like it did on Saturday, thankfully.
- Sunday, since she was feeling so much better, and we had gorgeous weather again, we played outside most of the morning/early afternoon. She spent most of the time in her sandbox, because we’d gotten new sand for it and moved it to a better part of our yard. It was like getting a new toy and she was super excited. While she took a nap in the afternoon, momma got to lay out and get a little bit of sun. I wasn’t hating life, that’s for sure. 😉
- Originally, my parents had asked for Sunnie to spend the night on Saturday, but it didn’t happen because of her not feeling well. They asked again on Sunday, and Sunnie, never forgets ANYTHING and loves sleepovers at her grandparents house, so she asked me first thing in the morning if she could go, because she was feeling better. My parents are so great with her, and I know how lucky we are that they love and want to spend so much time with her, not to mention I never have to worry when she’s with them. We took her over last night for her sleepover and my sweet hubby took me to dinner, to the bookstore, and to get ice cream. He knows the way to my heart! 🙂
Sunnie was our little photographer. She was giggling so hard taking our picture that she had us cracking up. She got some really good shots – I was impressed!
- It’s going to be a busy work week, so here’s to lots of coffee and hopefully some walks over my lunches to break up the day! Oh, and getting out of my reading slump!