Need to decide what to read next!
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I finished God-Shaped Hole, and although I enjoyed it, it wasn’t a WOW read like I hoped it would be. Definitely more mature writing, which I loved. This author is seriously talented, and I will read her other books. I think the issue is that I’m still in a ‘must read all the suspense’ mood. I shouldn’t have picked up an emotional love story when I wasn’t in the mood for it. Cause any other time, I would have been sobbing by the end of this book, and I was just like ‘meh’. Me, the sappy girl who cries at everything. Clearly I wasn’t in the right frame of mind for this one.
- That brings me to which suspense novel am I going to start next?! I have a few new ones that I’m trying to choose between. DECISIONS.
- I have also been drawn to adding more historical fiction to my TBR list, thanks to several GR friends recommendations. Same with cozy mysteries, after Kathy @ Kathy Reads Fiction posted about them here. Can you believe I’ve never read a cozy mystery?
- Being a parent is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, and also the most rewarding. This weekend had some serious struggles, and I’m constantly worrying if I’m doing a good enough job. A friend posted this on Facebook, and it was very fitting for how I’ve been feeling lately.
- Another beautiful weekend, weather-wise! We spent lots of time in the pool, and it was wonderful. Yesterday was a low key day at home, recovering from all the sun exposure and getting a much needed nap. Now I’m ready to take on the week! It’s going to be a hot one. Hope everyone stays cool and has a great week!