#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- We saw the SUN this weekend! And it was glorious. Spent a few hours on Saturday at my MIL’s pool. Then my parents asked for Sunnie to come over Saturday night and sleep over, so hubby and I got an impromptu date night. We went to a yummy Italian place and ate on the patio. Sunday was brutally humid out. We tried to play outside in spurts until Sunnie would tell me she was sweating and wanted to go back inside. Overall, the weekend was a lot of fun, and I was glad we got to spend some of it outside.
- Finished reading Black-Eyed Susans, and I now have a new favorite suspense author. This book was creepy and suspenseful, and I loved every minute of it.
- I started When Cicadas Cry, and I am enjoying it, but just don’t think I’m in the mood for this type of book. I’m thinking of putting it aside to start a suspense/thriller, because that’s all I’ve been in the mood for these days. I’m also intrigued by Vanguard, which is getting a lot of attention since it’s release yesterday. It sounds interesting and different. I like different.
- I made this steak fajita recipe last night, and it was a big hit with my hubby. I put my own spin on it – not adding in all the fancy seasoning and just using a fajita seasoning packet (Old El Paso), soy sauce, and instead of bell peppers I put in hot peppers (hubby’s favorite). It smelled amazing in the crock pot all day, and was really tasty. SO easy, and it’s nice to be able to add a new meal into rotation. I get sick of eating the same stuff all the time.
- The weather is promising this week – high temps and lots of sunshine. I hope to get home early enough every day to lay out a little bit and enjoy it.
Hope you all have a great week!
Linked up with the Weekend Update @ runningnreading.com