ARC’s above kindly provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Another 5 mile run this weekend and new PR on time – I was pretty happy about that! It feels good to push myself and keeps me motivated to work harder. I had the minor cyst surgery on Tuesday morning, so I made sure to get up early and get a run in before I had to be to the hospital. I was a bit sore the next day, so I stuck to just walking. It’s not bothering me too much, and I’m back to my normal running schedule. Even though I ran 4 days last week, I prefer to make it 5 days and am striving to hit that goal this week. After a long run yesterday, I’m giving myself a rest day today and plan on a long walk this evening.
I find that being back to work (and sitting/standing at a desk all day) kills my step count. When I was on vacation, I was on the go a lot, constantly moving, and probably had my best step week ever. Which maybe defeats the purpose of ‘vacation’, but whatever. 😉
I also got the Bondi Band I won in a #FitReaders giveaway, and I love it!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- While on vacation, I finished several really great books. I highly recommend the upcoming Jennifer Weiner book – it’s not her typical chick lit style (not saying that’s a bad thing!). Very emotional, and a wonderful read. I’m also working through the rest of the Sarah Jio novels I haven’t read and loving every single one. Two more to go – The Bungalow and The Last Camellia. Which one do you recommend I read next?
- I am excited to be a part of the Booking Through Summer Reading Challenge and posted a Mini Challenge yesterday. Please check it out and enter to win a $10 Amazon gift card! I used to love summer reading programs and Book It when I was a kid, and these challenges are a fun way to relive those days. 🙂
- I started two books over the weekend. One is Black-Eyed Susans, and I am really enjoying it so far. Great suspense, which is all I’ve been craving lately. Also started Arsen, and I’m not too far, but it seems promising.
- We had a pretty great weekend. Friday night was spent at a local Italian/American Festival where Sunnie loved the rides and got to play a game where she won her own prize. She was pretty proud of that. Saturday we had some rare beautiful weather, and one of my best friends invited me to come with her to a local parade that her son was in for the Boy Scouts. Sunnie loves parades, and it gave me time to catch up with my dear friend, which was much needed! And Sunday was a really perfect day of relaxing. It was raining (again – seriously, we’ve had enough), so any plans to be outside were nixed. We got up early and went to breakfast. When we got home, I had a long run followed by a nap. Then hubby made dinner and we just enjoyed a lazy evening of reading and watching TV. We stayed up a little too late, and I am paying for it now while I’m trying not to go for a third cup of coffee.
- This week’s forecast is calling for more rain (ugh), but by the weekend they’re saying sunshine and possible 90 degree temps! I go back to my doctor on Wednesday to have the stitches removed from my cyst surgery, and I’m really hoping he clears me for the pool. 😉
Hope you all have a great week!