ARC’s of several books above kindly provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Mon: 12,743 steps – Run
Tue: 11,148 steps – Run
Wed: 12,488 steps – Run (Outside! For first time in weeks!)
Thurs: 11,624 steps – Walk
Fri: 8,478 steps
Sat: 17,263 steps – Run
I broke my 13 day exercise streak (I was pretty proud of that!) by skipping a workout on Friday. There just wasn’t enough time in the day to get a workout in, and I was okay with it, surprisingly. Some days you just gotta take a break. I’ve been dealing with some heal pain all weekend. I wake up and it’s excruciating, but once I started running, it worked the pain out, and I would be fine the rest of the day. Not sure what that’s all about, but we’ll see how the week goes. I have my first appointment with the surgeon I’m seeing for my cyst removal in the morning, where I’ll find out more about the recovery time and how this surgery is going to impact my running routine. I know it needs to be done, but I’m not looking forward to be forced to take it easy for however long. I hope it’s only a few days, but I’m probably being WAY too optimistic.
Because my appointment in the morning isn’t until 9 AM, I’m going to do my workout first thing in the morning since I will have more time than normal. I am usually up between 5 & 5:30 every morning and out the door with Sunnie around 6:30, to be to work by 7. I am finding that I love working out first thing in the morning on the weekends, and really wish to get into the same routine during the week. But on the weekends, we don’t get up until 6 or 7, and I don’t know if I can drag my ass out of bed at 4:30 during the week. Tomorrow I won’t have to get up that early, but I plan to try it on Tuesday. We’ll see how many times I hit snooze and say, ‘screw it’. I wish I was more of a morning person! It feels so great to get my workout done in the morning vs. after work when I’m sluggish and tired. And it’s harder to workout for long periods of time in the evenings when there are so many other adult responsibilities. I’m going to try the getting up early thing this week and see how long I last.
Also, I had a big milestone on Wednesday that I was pretty proud of. Because the weather cooled off and the rain actually stopped for an afternoon, I took advantage and went to the local park for a run. I hadn’t run outside in at least 3 weeks, and the last time I did run outside, I could barely run 6 minutes at a time. On Wednesday I managed to run 2.75 miles straight in good time, and I was so excited! I just proved to myself that I’m that much closer to the 5K goal.
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I scored some great books this week – I just hope I get the time to read them all at some point. So many that I’m excited about!
- I finished Every Last Word, and if I only recommend one book all summer that needs to be on everyone’s reading list, this is the one. It was fantastic and a definite must read!
- I’m thankful for such a great weekend. Friday when I got off work early, I did a lot of running errands and shopping with Sunnie (because the weather was too crappy for much else), and then we went to one of my favorite places for dinner when hubby got home from work. We were in bed by 8:30, because we really know how to party on a Friday night. 😉 I’m not complaining about the extra sleep.
- Saturday was more rain ALL day, which meant a day of cleaning and doing laundry. Thankfully the rain stopped by the evening, because hubby and I had plans to go out on the boat for a date night. While he fished, I enjoyed finishing a book and just relaxing. Going out on the boat is becoming my favorite date night activity. We ordered pizza on the way home, and although I tried to stay up later than normal, I was passed out on the couch pretty much immediately.
- The weather forecast for today had promised to be rainy and horrible, but thankfully they got it wrong and we had a gorgeous day. We visited both dads, grilled out, and spent almost the entire day outside enjoying the sunshine. It couldn’t have been a more perfect day, and I’m glad my hubby had such a great Father’s Day.
- Now I’m ending the night with a glass of wine, trying to mentally prepare for the week ahead. The countdown to my vacation is on – 5 more days! Every year I take the July 4th week off and enjoy time at home with Sunnie. If the weather cooperates, there will be some trips to the park, a trip to the zoo, and hopefully several days by the pool. Unfortunately my hubby can’t take off in the summer because it’s busy season at work, but I will love not having to get up and get dressed up for work for an entire week. 🙂