Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week’s topic is listing the top ten books on my TBR for summer 2015.
You all know I can’t make TBR lists because I never know what I’m going to be in the mood to read until the day I pick it. However, I do love lists and I know that I’ll read at least ONE of the books listed, so this won’t be a total wasted effort. This topic is so similar to the one I just did a few weeks back – Top Ten Books I Plan to Read by the Pool – but already, my mood has shifted, and I have new books I want to read! See how quickly I change my mind!? So here’s a new list of books I ‘wish’ to read over the summer.
1. Somebody I Used to Know by David Bell – I recently requested this book from Netgalley because it sounds really good, and love suspense.
3. Butterfly Weeds by Laura Miller – My friend Kathy over at Kathy Reads Fiction recommended this author last week. I realized I already owned one of her books on my Kindle, just hadn’t gotten to it (story of my life). This book sounds like one I’ll enjoy.
4. The Theory of Opposites by Allison Winn Scotch – I have always loved every book I’ve read by this author. This is one I never got around to reading, because I went through so many other phases (NA, Erotica) that it fell off my radar.
5. Accidents of Marriage by Randy Susan Meyers – I have added and removed this book from my TBR list several times, because I just wasn’t sure if it would be for me. Then my friend Nadia at A Bookish Way of Life posted this review, and convinced me that I should read it without a doubt. I always trust Nadia’s reviews and she made me want to read this one sooner rather than later! UPDATE – I read this one over the weekend! And it was really good. ONE BOOK DOWN.
7. Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone – I have seen so many great reviews for this one, and I’m really excited to read it. UPDATE – I started this book yesterday! So far I love it.
8. The Guest Cottage by Nancy Thayer – If I read ONE summer-themed book this summer, it’s going to be this one. I have had this on every list for the past month, because I really want to read it! Plus, I just love that cover.
9. My Very Best Friend by Cathy Lamb – I haven’t read a book by this author, but she comes highly recommended by my friend Lori at Palmers Page Turners. I know Lamb is one of her favorite authors, and since we have very similar tastes in books (both CoHo lovers!), I trust her recommendations!
10. I Regret Nothing by Jen Lancaster – I know I’ve had this on several lists since May (or before), but I’m determined to read it because I know it’ll make the perfect summer read.