ARC’s kindly provided by the publishers via Netgalley.
Last week I came home to the sweetest surprise from my friend Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek. A birthday package of yummy chocolates, notepads, and adorable kitty bag. And Beautiful Player, the last paperback I needed for my collection of that series. Such a wonderful surprise – thank you, Rach! xx
P.S. I have tried the Ruffle Raspberry and they are delicious.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- First and most importantly, thank you to all of those who have served and are currently serving our country. Your sacrifices are greatly appreciated today and every day. Let us all be grateful for this day with our families, as there are so many soldiers who don’t get to be with their families today.
- Finished Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave this weekend. You know how a book just comes along at the perfect moment, and you love every single minute of reading it? That’s how I felt about this book. I am a big fan of this author, and it has been several years since her last book was released (which I loved – The First Husband). Of course the fact that wine was a big part of the story may be what initially got my attention, but this story was fantastic. I’ll post a review this week.
- I’ve mentioned before how I hate to cook, bake, anything having to do with the kitchen. But once in awhile I will, because I feel bad my husband does the cooking most of the time. And when he says that he’s tired of the same old stuff – I go to Pinterest for ideas, of course. I’ve made this sausage cacciatore twice now, and it’s a big hit with the hubby. Seriously, what did we do before Pinterest?
- This cat is driving me crazy. She’s adorable, but she hangs on my curtains, sleeps in my sink, sneaks into every closet or closed room the minute you open the door like a damn ninja. She’s lucky she’s so cute.
- I love long weekends, especially now that summer hours began at work (we get to leave at 12:30 on Fridays). I left on Friday, got my hair cut, picked up Sunnie, and then got my grocery shopping over with. Sunnie then got to visit her cousins and my MIL for a few hours while I got in a run and then hubby and I went out to dinner. Saturday one of my best friends brought her two girls over for a play date in the afternoon and Sunnie had a ball. Yesterday we enjoyed the sunshine, getting outside most of the day, and even getting in the pool for a little bit at my in laws.
- Unfortunately, my hubby had to work today, which sucks that we can’t spend the day with him. I’m doing a little laundry this morning and then taking Sunnie over to visit my parents. I’m going to workout (when I can’t get a run in outside, I have been using my parents treadmill), and then layout and get some sun. My parents live out in the country, and their back yard is perfect for it. Later today we are going over to my in laws for a cookout and hopefully more pool time (fingers crossed for lots of sun today and no rain). I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying the day!