Another week without finishing a book. *sad face*
ARC’s kindly provided by publisher via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I finally get out of a reading slump, then have a week where I’m too tired and busy to read. Figures, right? I am enjoying my current read, even though it has taken me awhile to really get into it. It’s been awhile since I have read anything other than New Adult/Erotica/Adult Contemporary. I want to read something out of my norm, and I loved that this book was being compared to Beauty & the Beast. It’s starting to finally get more interesting for me at around the 37% mark. I would love to finish it today, but it’s unlikely!
- I’m really excited about my book haul last week. Especially The Life Intended after seeing this review from Aestas Book Blog. She has recommended some really fabulous books, many outside of the normal genre I read, that I have ended up loving, and I trust her judgement immensely. I really want to read this one soon.
- What a beautiful, sunny weekend we FINALLY had in Ohio! Saturday and Sunday we had temps in the high 70’s and spent a lot of time outside enjoying it. My windows are open, and I’m loving it! Saturday Sunnie and I made a trip to a new library, and found out the library also had a small playground. After playing there for awhile, I took her to a birthday party for one of her story time friends. She had an absolute blast – I loved seeing her playing with other kids, because she doesn’t get to do that very often. Sunday we took her to the park, and I got a run in with my hubby being there. For it being the first time I running in hotter temps, I was happy I managed to finish it without feeling like I was dying!
- Really happy about how much running I got in last week, even with the slight knee pain I’ve been feeling. I have had issues with my knees my whole life, but I’m not going to let it interfere with my running goals. My doc has me doing certain exercises to help – I just have to remember to do them daily like I’m supposed to.
- After today I’m doing a sugar detox. For me that means no sweets for a few weeks to get myself back on track again. I was allowing myself to indulge a lot the past few days (ice cream, donuts, cake my daughter and mom made me), and even though I know it’s a good thing to enjoy sweets once in awhile, I’ve been enjoying them daily for about a week. I have been telling myself that running every day helps offset it, but in reality it’s bad for me no matter what. I feel guilty about it and refuse to revert back to my old ways. There will be cake tonight because we’re having family over for my birthday, but after tonight I am cutting sweets out for awhile. I’ve done it before, I can do it again!
- Today is my birthday, and I’m really glad I decided to take a vacation day and stay home with Sunnie. It’s going to be a gorgeous day, possibly hit 80 degrees, and we plan to go to the park later this morning. Tonight we’ll celebrate with family, getting pizza from one of my favorite places. My hubby asked me last night ‘how does it feel to be turning 34 and feel better than you’ve ever felt in your life’. And honestly, this has been one of the best years for me. I normally hate my birthday when it comes around, but the past year has really changed me, putting so many things into perspective. I am healthy and happy and so very thankful. Here’s to another great year!