And happy early birthday to me. I have already read the eBook versions, but loved them so much I had to own the paperback copies, too.
ARC’s kindly provided by publisher via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I finally got out of my book reading slump, thanks to the Readathon. You can read my Readathon post here. I was just happy to have a few solid hours to finish my book!
- I finished both Marrow and Beautiful Secret. I hope to have reviews posted for both this week (but I’m a slacker lately when it comes to reviews). Marrow is definitely disturbing and not going to be for everyone – but I ended up loving how twisted and crazy it was. And I absolutely loved Beautiful Secret, no surprise there!
- I found a local 5K being held the second weekend in June that I’d love to sign up for. It’s crazy to think that a year ago the thought of running made me cringe, and now I’m getting excited about running my first 5K.
- This weekend went crazy fast. Friday we went out to dinner at a local bar/grille we love. It’s now fishing season, so hubby spends most of Saturdays and Sundays on the lake when the weather permits, which it did this weekend. Saturday I spent the day with peanut, then took her to my parents for a sleepover in the evening. I did the dreaded grocery shopping, went for a run, and then settled in for some pizza, wine, and reading for the readathon. Sunday I took peanut to breakfast. We went outside briefly to try to enjoy the sunshine, but the temps were still too cold. I got to go for a run, and hubby made me a fantastic dinner that I’d been looking forward to all day. I pretty much loved everything about this weekend. 🙂
- This should be a quiet, low key workweek, and the weather is supposed to start warming up with no rain. Hoping we get to spend some evenings outside this week. Hope everyone has a great week!