ARC’s kindly provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I’m in another book funk. I’m going to blame it on being tired and not being able to stay awake long enough at night to get into a book. I had started This Man, got hooked right away, but then it kinda died off, and I got bored. I want to keep reading it, but in an effort to get me back into a reading mood, I started a different book that had caught my eye this week – The Scribe. It’s too early to tell on this one. I really hope it starts to get good, because I’m in desperate need of a book that I don’t want to put down! I really hate when I get in these moods and don’t know what I feel like reading.
- Week one of running has been a success. My body was definitely hurting after the first two days, but by the end of the week, I started getting used to it. I’m loving it and finding it’s a great stress reliever, makes me feel great, and is like getting some much needed ‘me’ time. I also love running with my sister-in-law. Having someone to run with keeps me accountable and motivated, and I look forward to it every day. Last week we ran 3 days, and hope for the same this week.
- And I’m really happy about my steps this week! Running days obviously help me get more steps in, and last week I didn’t get to walk much on lunch breaks because the weather in Ohio SUCKS. I mean, it snowed on the first day of spring. It was like Mother Nature’s last big ‘F YOU’, Ohioans.
- I got new nerdy glasses last week, and I love them!
- Also, I went to Target this weekend because they were having a pretty sweet sale, and bought my first dress and pairs of shorts in probably 15 years. These little things are a big deal for me, because it reminds me of how hard I’ve worked to get to this point. And it keeps me motivated to stay on track.
- One of the things I love about blogging is all of the wonderful friendships I’ve made. I’ve been lucky to meet such awesome people and I came home one day last week to the best care package from one of my blogger friends, Jillian from Random Ramblings. She totally made my day with all this awesomeness. I mean, there’s Grumpy Cat and wine things! And she was so sweet to send my daughter something, too (the adorable Frozen jewelry). Thank you, Jillian!
- Speaking of blogging, this Thursday is my one year blog anniversary! I can’t believe it’s already been a year. I have loved blogging and meeting a lot of awesome people, and spreading the word about many wonderful books and authors. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for following me, leaving comments, and sharing in my love of books. I really appreciate everyone’s support and love this past year!
- What is one of my posts without a ridiculous picture of my cats. Here they were caught spooning. Their cuteness kills me.
Hope you all have a great week!