NO eBooks this week! What! That’s actually a good thing, because I don’t need any more books right now. But I did make a trip to the local Books-a-Million on Friday night and got these pretties. Landline hardcover was on the Bargain shelf for $7! And of course I had to get my paperback copy of Confess for the art work. I’m going to re-read that baby soon.
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About. I recently joined FitReaders, because I thought it would be a great way to help me stay motivated. It’s always more fun with support of your blog friends!
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I’m currently reading Volition, and am finally enjoying it enough to continue with it. I’ve seen a lot of recommendations, but honestly this book is bizarre and I have no clue where it’s going. I was kinda bored with it, but pushed through and now I’m more invested in the characters and interested in what’s going to happen.
- I finished two KR books earlier in the week. She’s my go-to for sexy, fun books, when I need something I know I’ll enjoy.
- I had hoped to finish my book this weekend, but had a sick little girl on Saturday night, who ended up sleeping in my bed. That means we didn’t get any sleep because she was miserable and restless. Thankfully she was feeling better yesterday and we got a full night’s sleep last night. But mommy was tired and didn’t get much reading done.
- On an exciting note (exciting for me), I went on my first run yesterday since high school. And it honestly felt amazing. I am using one of the couch to 5k apps a friend recommended to me, and went with my sister-in-law to a local park that has a walking/running track. It was actually fun to me (this is the girl who used to love being super lazy), and we’re going to run again today after work. I’m looking forward to it! This is a big accomplishment for me. A year ago, I would have laughed at the idea of me doing any sort of exercise, especially running.
- In addition to the running, we have a walking trail at work and some of my friends and I are going to walk over lunch whenever we can, starting today. It’s supposed to hit 70 degrees here today (and then drop to 40’s the rest of the week – WTF, Ohio!), so I’m taking advantage of any time I can get out and get in some steps.
- Friday night hubby and I had a date night, went to Rocknes for dinner (I love their Souvlaki Salad), made our stop at the book store and of course he needed to stop at Gander Mountain. Then we enjoyed a relaxing evening where I got a little reading and wine time. And here’s a picture of my demon kitty. She’s a jerk, but I adore her little face.
- So, now it’s the beginning of a new work week – here’s hoping it goes quickly!
Have a great week!