ARC’s kindly provided by the publishers via Netgalley & Edelweiss.
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- Weekends go too fast, especially when they are good ones. Friday night was date night. Ate at hubby’s favorite Mexican restaurant, and then he took me to Target for some shopping. I even indulged in a Valentine’s donut from Dunkin for dessert, and enjoyed a little ‘me’ time when we got home. No guilt, I made sure to work it off on Saturday.
- Saturday we took Peanut out for lunch and gave her a little gift for Valentine’s Day. Got home just as a big snow storm started to hit and we were slammed with 4+ inches.
- Then yesterday I woke up with the crud my husband and daughter have been fighting for weeks. It was wishful thinking that I would be able to avoid it. But I refused to let it ruin my day, as I had plans with some of my girlfriends to go see Fifty Shades yesterday. I loved it. I honestly had low expectations going into it, and I really wasn’t sold on Dakota Johnson one bit beforehand. Surprisingly, she blew me away with her performance and out-shined Jamie Dornan, although he did a really good job, too. I think fans of the book will be happy with it. I loved the series, and seeing the movie made me want to re-read the books soon.
- I also downloaded the soundtrack last week, and I’m glad I did. I love it.
- The most exciting thing that could possibly happen to me when it comes to books is the fact that I was approved to be part of the Confess blog tour and received an advanced copy of the book to read. To say I was excited is an understatement, and of course I dropped everything to begin reading it immediately. Because of our busy weekend and feeling crappy with this cold, I didn’t get to read it as much as I hoped. I am close to finishing it, and loving every minute. It is perfect, which I’ve come to expect from CoHo.
- Here’s to hoping this Dayquil works so I can get through the workday. Happy reading and have a great week!