I was nominated by my friend Stefani @ Caught Read Handed for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Stefani!
For this award, I’m supposed to thank the blogger who nominated me, share the award, and give you seven facts about me. Coming up with seven things you don’t already know is tough, but here goes…
1. I have an Associate’s Degree in Business Management with the focus in Accounting. And I have zero desire to go back to school to get my Bachelor’s.
2. I’m allergic to shell fish.
3. I’m a hermit and very introverted. I blame my dad for this, although I’m not nearly as bad as he is. I do leave the house, but I’m much more comfortable staying home.
4. I’m deathly afraid of fires. Not the bonfire kind – I love those. I’m talking electrical, burn-your-house-down kind. I’m so paranoid about it that I have probably more smoke detectors in my house than a normal person, I unplug almost everything every night, check that my flat iron/curling iron is unplugged about 60 times before I leave in the morning, and check that the oven/stove is off several times before I go to bed at night. It’s partly my OCD, but mostly total paranoia. Don’t even get me started on dryers and lint traps.
5. My favorite food is a grilled burger – but it has to be cooked well done/burnt.
6. I used to be totally obsessed with Dunkin Donuts and would drive thru almost every morning on my way to work to get an iced mocha and a donut or breakfast sandwich. I haven’t done that in 8 months. Their coffee is still my favorite, and I drink that regularly at home & work. It’s taking a lot of willpower for me not to stop and get one of their cookie dough Valentine’s donuts this week (they are seriously amazing).
7. I’m not having any more children (I’ve had a tubal ligation so that I can’t have any more). I have one perfect little girl and couldn’t be happier with our decision to only have one child. That’s not to say people haven’t had their opinions about our decision not to give Sunnie a sibling, but over time we’ve made it clear that we are done having kids and the unsolicited comments have stopped.
And there you have it. Hopefully these are all new things about me that most of you didn’t already know! 🙂
I nominate my friend, Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek