ARC of Going Long kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- Finished The Violets of March by Sarah Jio and really enjoyed it. It wasn’t my favorite of hers, but still a wonderful read. Working my way through all of Jio’s books slowly!
- I am loving The Raven immensely. It’s been awhile since I read any type of paranormal-themed book, but this is such a good read so far. I know I’m going to be sad when I finish it and have to wait for the next book!
- I added some highly recommended books to my TBR list this week, although I’m trying to read more books that are outside of my comfort zone. I just couldn’t pass these ones up. And I hate the shirtless man covers – is that necessary? I only added that book to my list because I have loved the books I’ve read by this author in the past, and her publicist reached out to me for a review. Thankfully, it’s an eBook, so I don’t have to cringe at the cover every time I pick it up.
- The weekend was great. Friday night I was on a mission to clean my house so I wouldn’t have too much to tend to the rest of the weekend. Saturday evening my hubby and I went out with one of my best friends and her hubby, who is also my husband’s boss. We tried a new place to eat that was really good and then went to a local brewery. Although the beer didn’t agree so much with me the next day, I had a great time. Next time we’re dragging the men to a winery.
- Today, I’m thankful to have personal days to be able to take. We were hit with a serious winter storm overnight and I decided to take the day off. I’m going to enjoy the extra day with Sunnie, and hopefully get a nap!