ARC’s kindly provided by the publishers via Netgalley.
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- Finished Before I Go earlier in the week and enjoyed it, although it was really heart breaking. I was extremely impressed with the writing, especially since this is a debut author. Review to come soon.
- I’m really excited for the release of The Prince on Tuesday, and the fact that I received an ARC of The Raven. Sylvain Reynard is one of my favorite authors and I’ve been looking forward to this new series for awhile. I didn’t want to start reading anything that would take too long, since I plan on dropping everything on Tuesday to read The Prince. I started The Violets of March awhile ago and decided to pick it back up today. It wasn’t holding my attention at first, but the further I’m getting into it, the more I’m enjoying it, and it seems like a quick read. I’m still trying to read all of the Sarah Jio books I’ve missed, and this is her debut novel.
- My daughter got a Wii this week from my in-laws, and she is loving it. I also get a little bit of exercise while I play it with her, so it’s a win-win for both of us!
- I did a scrub of my TBR list on Goodreads this week and deleted a lot of books I know I’ll never get to read. There’s just not enough time in the days and weeks to read all the books I want to.
- I updated my goals on MyFitnessPal this weekend and am slowly increasing my allowed calories per day towards ‘maintaining’. I’ve been trying to lose a few more lbs the past few weeks and my body is just not going for it. I think I may have finally hit that point where I’m not going to be able to lose any more, and I need to be content with where I’m at. Now the challenge to maintain and not fall back into old habits begins.
- Went to World Market with my sister-in-law yesterday to find some new wines. I love when I buy new wines that I end up loving. They had the Sola red blend out to test and I really liked it. I bought Redtree on a whim because it was cheap, and I love pinot noir. It’s actually really good, and I’ll definitely buy it again!
- I can’t believe it’s Sunday evening already. I’m looking forward to football on tv, steak salads, and some reading this evening. Hope everyone has a good week!