ARC’s kindly provided by the publishers via Netgalley & Edelweiss.
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- Happy New Year! One of the best ways I can think to start off the new year is by reading some really fantastic books. Lucky for me that was the case.
- That thing about me not adding more books to my TBR obviously went out the window over the holidays with me getting a ton of new books. Most are from Netgalley, and I just couldn’t resist! So many I’m excited to read.
- Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher released Never Never early this week and I devoured that sucker in a day and half. It’s a novella and ends on a cliffhanger, which I normally hate with a passion. But it was quite possibly the most wicked, well written cliffhanger ever.
- We had a very low key weekend at home. Because of the cold, we didn’t feel the need to leave the house for much, which is always okay with me. While my dear hubby did the grocery shopping, I spent a good portion of Saturday cleaning out my daughters bedroom and moving a lot of her Christmas loot to her playroom, then organizing all of that. After being so productive on Saturday, today was a good day for playing and reading and watching football.
- First week back to work after a long holiday is always brutal. But it was made more so when we got dumped on with snow and bad weather. Nothing scares me more these days than driving in horrible road conditions with my daughter in the car. I love snow and am fine with it on the weekends when I don’t have to leave the house! We’re supposed to get another bad storm tonight, so tomorrows drive in will be interesting.
- On a good note, I participated in Bout of Books all week and had a great time. I read a ton – I always seem to read so much more during the readathons because I make a serious effort to read as much as I can, including during my lunch breaks at work. I managed to finish FOUR books this week, and that’s unheard of for me these days.
- And speaking of that, I have a few hours left to cram in some final BoB reading so, I’m going to settle in with my Kindle and a glass of wine. Hope everyone has a great week!