ARC of A Christmas to Remember kindly provided by the publisher via Netgalley.
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I’m in another book funk. I tried starting about 5 different books and the one I ended up landing on was Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio. She’s a good one to get me out of a reading slump. I was hooked after the first chapter last night. But then my psycho kitten was wreaking havoc in the house and I starting drinking wine instead of reading.
- She’s a demon. But I love her. This is my favorite picture of her so far.
- I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I can’t believe it’s already Sunday afternoon and I’ve been off work for 5 days. I managed to get my house cleaned and organized, with a load of stuff to take to Goodwill. Every room got a once over, stuff got tossed or put in a bag to donate. It felt GOOD.
- The rest of my time off was family time. I love being home and having the extra days with Sunnie.
- We’re still Frozen obsessed in our house. And the only thing we really want from Santa is the Frozen castle, which is sold out everywhere. I am on the hunt to find that thing, reasonably priced, or my child will be very heartbroken on Christmas morning. I’m hoping Cyber Monday will work in my favor.
- I had debated on starting the Elf on the Shelf tradition for the past few years. Up until now, Sunnie was way too young to get it (and the fact that she can’t touch the elf). But this year we decided to try it and after seeing how happy it made Sunnie, and how excited she is in the morning to look for her elf, I know it was worth it. She named the elf Anna, of course, because of Frozen. And I may be having a little too much fun coming up with ideas.
- I also love this idea from Bookishly Boisterous, and I’d love to do the same thing with Sunnie. I believe a trip to the library after work tomorrow is in order to get a few weeks worth of Christmas books!
- For the first time ever, I signed up for our Holidays and Holdings program at work. You weigh in before Thanksgiving and then again the first week of January. If you maintain or are under your weight, you are entered into a drawing for several prizes – a Fitbit and exercise equipment being a few. I used to be one of those people that chuckled when I got that email and then immediately deleted it. I know I’ve come a long way when I actually got excited to see the email. I am still trying to lose a few more lbs and was thrilled that I’ve lost 2 more since I weighed in last week! I was sure I gained after Thanksgiving. Next month will be interesting because Christmas cookies are my biggest weakness.
- I love this time of year because I get to watch this movie multiple times.
- I get excited about little things like the fact that tonight is taco night. It doesn’t take much to make me happy. Today is a dreary, unseasonably warm day. Got in a nap with peanut & the rest of the day will consist of watching football and hopefully reading. Hope everyone has a great week!