Random Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts
- I am in a book funk, and nothing I start has been keeping my interest this week. The Accident didn’t do it for me – was kind of a snooze fest. So, I ended up skimming to the end. I hate when I get in these moods.
- And the strange thing is that the only book that IS keeping my attention a little bit is Outlander. This makes it the third try for me, but I think I’ve finally gotten to a part of the book that has me interested and wanting to pick it up again. I don’t want to jinx it, because I am really hoping to finish this book. It gets so much love from several of my blogger friends, and I’m feeling like I’m missing out on something big. I want to love it – I hope I do.
- Check out my review for After I Do. I absolutely loved this book. Definitely a favorite of 2014.
- How awful is that book cover for The Hook Up?! Because I try not to judge a book by it’s cover, and because this book is getting a lot of really great attention from my friends on Goodreads, I decided to add it to my list.
- My cat is currently trying to figure out how to sit on my lap while I’m on my laptop. It’s really starting to piss her off.
- I made this over the weekend, and it is super yummy.
- It’s officially feeling like fall here. I’m ready to get out my boots.
- I have my first performance review with my new boss next week. I’m always nervous about them, even though I was working with my old boss for 12 years and knew what to expect. Now that I don’t know what to expect, I’m even more nervous. Fingers crossed it goes well.
- Time for some football and a glass of wine. Hoping you all had a great weekend!