Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, to share lists with other bookish folks.
This week’s list is Top Ten Things We Like/Dislike About Book Covers. I read mostly eBooks and don’t get to enjoy book covers very often. I will admit that I totally judge a book by it’s cover when I’m picking new books to read. I know I shouldn’t because I have read some really wonderful books over the years that had hideous covers. In those cases, I’m so glad I didn’t let the cover deter me (ex: The Sweet Gum Tree).
There are some covers that I’ve seen recently that stand out in my mind. So, I’m just going to make this my Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of 2014 – books I’ve read or have on my list to read this year.
Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of 2014
1. Goodnight June – My favorite cover of the year. I had to buy this book in paperback so I’d have it on my bookshelf. I love how a tiny picture of the book Goodnight Moon is in the corner.
2. Landline – I love all of RR’s covers.
3. Ugly Love – Another author whose book covers I always love. This one is different than her norm, because it doesn’t have pictures of people on it. But I love it.
4. Eleanor & Park – I mean, it’s just too cute.
5. Mortal Danger – Creepy. I love it.
6. Maybe Someday – My favorite CH cover. I love that there’s a picture hidden behind the title.
7. Sweet Filthy Boy – Just because. I like the cover of the next book in the series, too.
8. Isla and the Happily Ever After – The updated covers for this series are so much cuter than the originals.
9. Sway – I just think it’s cool and can’t wait to read this one.
10. The Bronze Horseman – Just because it’s pretty.
Honorable Mentions (some old favorites prior to 2014)
1.Twilight – Hate all you want, this will forever be my favorite series and I’ll always love this cover.
2. Red Hill – This cover is just awesome and creepy.
3. The Guardian – I used to be a huge Nicholas Sparks fan and have always loved the covers of this book. Especially this one, which happens to be my favorite book of his.
4. Virgin River – Because my ideal getaway is a cabin in the mountains and is why I love this series and this cover.
5. Attachments – So adorable, just like the book.