This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
– I finished reading Me Before You last night. I have to admit I was bored and skimmed. I am in SUCH a book slump and nothing is keeping my attention. And this book ended exactly how I expected because I read enough reviews to know what to expect. Once I know the end, I pretty much give up on the book. So, moving on to Nash because I figure a Marked Men novel has to get me out of this slump/ADD issue.
– Sunnie is cuddled up to me while I’m writing this post. There are very few mornings where she is sleepy and only wants to watch cartoons and lay around, because she’s normally a tornado of energy at 6 o’clock in the morning. I savor these rare days when I can sit and enjoy my coffee. Bonus is I made a Dunkin run this morning before hubby left for work. So, yum.
– It makes me happy when someone loves a book I recommend. And I take it personally when they don’t. Which I know is ridiculous.
– We all got a little dressed up last night to go out to dinner with the family at a nice Italian place. It’s rare that we ever get dressed up or that I wear a skirt. Usually my idea of dressing up is throwing a scarf over my t-shirt.
– The countdown to vacation is on. Friday at 12:30 starts my 9 1/2 day break. I’ve started planning all of the things I want to get done and fun stuff I want to do with the peanut while I’m off. Can’t wait.
– I really don’t feel like getting out of my pajamas today.
– I’ve been trying to talk my husband into letting me cancel cable/satellite. He’s not totally convinced, yet. If I can figure out a way for us to still watch football in the fall, then it’s goodbye DirectTV. I hate paying so much for cable. I hate paying so much for cell phones, too – but that’s another issue.
– Laundry isn’t going to do itself, so off I go to do all the adult things. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!