This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I finished The One and Only by Emily Giffin. I think it’s definitely a love it or hate it book. Fortunately, I really enjoyed it.
2. I received this yesterday and can’t wait to start it. One of the most highly anticipated books on my list this summer – and it’s getting a lot of high ratings on Goodreads already. I’m staying away from reading the reviews so I don’t spoil anything for myself.
3. My peanut starts soccer tomorrow. She’s so excited that she wore her new shin guards all night around the house. Fingers crossed the rain holds off.
4. I’m getting some more responsibilities at work and I love it. It’s keeping me busy and making the days fly by. I’m feeling pretty drained at night, though, so there’s been more wine drinking and less reading going on.
5. I’ve been ‘dieting’ for a few weeks. It’s more of me just watching my calorie intake and cutting back on junk. No pop, no sweets, only salads for lunch every day. Then the freedom to eat whatever at night (of course with some limits – I’m keeping it to only one helping of food instead of going back for seconds like I normally would). I finally saw my new habits starting to pay off yesterday when I fit into a pair of jeans a size smaller than normal. I can’t even tell you how that made my entire day – and motivated me to stay on track.
6. I mentioned trying out running to my hubby last night. This is the girl who hasn’t run a day in her life, hates to sweat, hates the outdoors, and would probably keel over within the first 30 seconds of feet hitting the pavement. He just looked at me like I was crazy. I certainly feel like I should have my mental health examined. I will probably never run, it was only a thought.
That’s all I have this week. Time for more coffee…