Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, to share lists with other bookish folks.
This week is Top Ten Books Read So Far in 2014. I’ve read 32 books so far this year, and there are several favorites that stand out in my mind. Originally, I didn’t think I was having that great of a reading year, but after doing this post, I realized I have read a lot of fantastic books! And it’s also been the year of discovering some new favorite authors.
Top Ten Books Read So Far in 2014
(in the order read) Honorable Mention:
1. Rome by Jay Crownover – I was so glad to start the year off with such a great book. Rome is my favorite of the Marked Men Series so far. If you haven’t read this series – I highly recommend it.
3. When I Break by Kendall Ryan – I’ve mentioned before that Kendall Ryan’s books are like comfort food to me. I know that if I’m in a book funk, all I have to do is read one of her books to get me out of it. She is the queen of steam and I love this series.
4. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover – BEST BOOK OF 2014!! I can’t say enough how much I love this book, love Colleen Hoover, and recommend EVERYONE read her books as soon as possible. This will definitely be the best book of the year for me (unless her next release this year happens to top it – which wouldn’t surprise me!). Her writing is flawless and her books are so fantastic. You just have to read them – she’s by far my favorite author ever.
5. Missing You by Harlan Coben – He’s my favorite suspense author and never disappoints me. This tops my favorite books by him.
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Thus started my obsession with Rainbow Rowell. I had read Attachments a few years ago, and loved it. But just decided to pick up her other books, and I am so glad I did!
7. Hard Time by Cara McKenna – Loved this book! This was my first book by Cara McKenna and will not be my last. It’s all thanks to Andrea at The Bookish Babe for her recommendation. I never had this author or book on my radar before.
8. Snow-Kissed – by Laura Florand – This was one of the most emotional books I have read this year. In such a small amount of pages, this author blew me away with her words.
9. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – Continuing my year of Rainbow Rowell love. This is one of the best YA books I’ve ever read. Now that I’ve run out of RR books to read, I am anxiously awaiting the release of Landline!
10. Goodnight June by Sarah Jio – I think this is my second favorite book of the year. It was a perfect read that had me smiling the entire time. I don’t think I’ll forget it anytime soon – I adored it!
So far, it’s been a pretty fantastic year of books for me! Have you read any of these books?