Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, to share lists with other bookish folks.
This week’s meme is Top Ten Books In Your Beach Bag. I’m not a beach girl – I love my annual staycation the week of July 4th. But if I were going to a beach that week – these are the books I’d take with me. I’m a mood reader, so I need to have lots of options to pick from. I hope to actually read some of these the week I’m on vacation!
Top Five Books In My Beach Bag
1. Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire – for my NA mood. This book releases the week of my vacation and I can’t wait to read it.
2. Violets of March by Sarah Jio – for my women’s fiction/chick lit mood. I remember trying this book a long time ago and it just wasn’t for me. After reading and loving Goodnight June – I think Sarah Jio’s books are the perfect beach/vacation reads.
3. Until November by Aurora Rose Reynolds – for my smutty/romance mood. This book has been recommended to me for a good alpha read.
4. Honor Reclaimed by Tonya Burrows – for my romantic suspense mood. I have seen this book get some great reviews, and I love a book with a good mix of suspense and romance.
5. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – for my YA mood. I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about this book and think it sounds like the perfect vacation read.
Top Five Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag
1. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell – this is just a fun, sweet book I think would be perfect for a vacation read. Any Rainbow Rowell book would be perfect for vacation, IMO.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – most adorable YA book ever.
3. Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard – one of my favorite series and authors, this book is a perfect mix of romance and sexual tension.
4. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover – I can’t express enough my love for Colleen and this book. Doesn’t matter what book of hers you choose – there should be at least one of her books in your beach bag! This book in particular is my favorite.
5. Missing You by Harlan Coben – great for a good mystery/suspense fix. Coben is my favorite author of this genre and this book was gripping and suspenseful. Perfect for a vacation read.
What’s in your beach bag?