This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I finished Sweet Filthy Boy. Loved! Ansel – he was a treat. I started The One and Only by Emily Giffin. So far I am really enjoying it. I love football and the fact that football is a theme in this book makes me happy. Especially because I miss football right now.
2. This happened on Saturday and I was in heaven. My parents offered to babysit and the hubby and I had a quiet evening at home together. I love nights like this – we had perfect weather and it was so relaxing. And I may have drank a bottle of wine on my own. Makes me wish for nights like this more often. And really appreciate them when we have them.
3. I’m thinking of having my first giveaway on the blog. The wheels are churning.
4. Words can not express how much I loath shopping. Hate it. Grocery shopping. Clothes shopping. If it’s not bookstore shopping – I don’t want to do it. I tend to be very cheap and wear the same clothes until they are too worn to donate them. I am not big on the latest fashions – I just bought my first pair of ‘skinny’ jeans a year ago. I just don’t care. Now, I will get a new purse every 6 months – but that’s another issue. I have been seeing this jean jacket trend everywhere lately. And I want one. If I spend any money on clothes in the near future, it’ll be on one of these. How cute is this. I want the shoes, too.
5. I’m already thinking about my week of vacation in July.
6. I saw this on Pinterest and Facebook not too long ago and thought it was interesting. What % do you fall in to? I try every year to be that 5%.
7. It feels like overnight my daughter has gone from being scared to do anything, to being a little daredevil. Took her to the park over the weekend and she was climbing, going down the huge slide, wanting to swing – all things she’d never do a month ago. And without my encouragement. It’s like she changed overnight and it amazes me.
8. I reserved my first graphic novel at the library and picking it up tonight. Trying to be more open-minded and willing to try new things.
9. I wish I could listen to audio books. I’d get through so many more books a year. When I had a longer drive to work and pre-peanut, I used to listen to audio books every day. Then we moved closer to work and family and the 15 minute drive with my daughter doesn’t give me the option anymore.
10. I do believe I have no plans this weekend at all. And that makes me happy.
I find this interesting since I’m a Taurus.