Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, to share lists with other bookish folks.
This week’s meme is a freebie, and I was inspired to do my own post for Books I Want to Reread, simply because I have only ever reread ONE book in my life (Twilight) and I hope to one day make more of an effort to reread some of my favorites. I have collected a lot of my ‘favorites’ in paperback/hardcover over the years just in the hopes that one day I’ll make time to read them again. My intimidating TBR list continues to hold me back from ever doing a reread, and I also worry that I won’t have the same feelings about some of my favorite books as I did the first time around. One day I will give it a try! So, here are my top 10 books/series I hope to read again someday.
Top Ten Books (Series) I Want to Reread
1. Entire Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer – Yes, I am not ashamed that Twilight is one of my favorite series and even though I have reread the first book – I want to reread them all some day.
2. Gabriel’s Inferno Series by Sylvain Reynard – This is another favorite series of mine. I found this book on Amazon after I finished reading 50 Shades and wanted to read something similar. Although it may be classified as the same genre – it was different in so many ways and I absolutely fell in love with Sylvain Reynard’s writing. If I were stranded on an island – this is the series I would want to have with me.
3. Fifty Shades of Grey Series by E.L. James – Simply to see if I still love it and feel the same as I did when I read it the first time. I know this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea – but I thoroughly enjoyed these books.
4. Bared to You (Crossfire Series) by Sylvia Day – Do you see a pattern here?
5. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks – For years I went through a NS phase where I loved all of his books, and own every single one in hardback (except for his most recent release). The past few books have been a bit of a let down for me, so I don’t get as excited to read his books as I used to. But I remember a time when I would devour his novels one after another because I loved them so much, and this book was always my absolute favorite of his novels. When I had the opportunity to meet him (only author I’ve met in person) – this is the book I had him sign. I hope to read it again someday and relive the magic I felt when I read it the first time.
6. Whispers and Lies by Joy Fielding – This is the only suspense novel I have read that kept me up all night long. I remember the night I read this book vividly, as if it just happened last week, and I wonder if I’d feel the same way reading it again. I don’t remember anything about the book (because I have the worst memory ever), or the twists, so I hope it would be like reading it for the first time.
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – My favorite YA ever!
8. Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings Series) by Cherrie Lynn – I love Ghost. Enough said.
9. Something Borrowed/Something Blue by Emily Giffin – This series had a lot to do with my love of Chick Lit, and was sort of the jolt that got me reading again years ago. I read both of these books in one weekend because I couldn’t put them down.
10. The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski – I remember reading this book over my holiday break two years ago. It is still fresh in my mind how much I fell in love with this story and how I couldn’t put the book down once I started it.
What are some of the books you hope to reread someday? Have you read any of the books I’ve listed?