Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I finished Better When He’s Bad by Jay Crownover & When We Fall by Kendall Ryan. Reviews to come closer to release day. Both were fantastic. I’m also on my way to finishing another book hopefully today and plan to squeeze one more in this week.
2. I am having so much fun with Bout of Books! I’ve read way more than I thought I would in a week and have had fun chatting with other bloggers/readathoners, and participating in the 2 Twitter chats. I’m really glad I decided to sign up for it.
3. I have an unhealthy obsession with my cat. She’s the sweetest cat ever, although she used be kind of a bitch. It seems like ever since my daughter was born, she’s turned into a little old softy. Even my husband has to admit she’s awesome. He wasn’t much of a cat lover until he met me – I’ve corrupted him in more ways than one. But I mean, look how cute she is.
4. I haven’t seen many classic movies like Gone with the Wind, It’s a Wonderful Life, or Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Is that crazy? But I’ve seen Clueless about 182 times. I can’t believe it’s almost 20 years since that movie came out. #asif
5. I am easily frazzled when my day gets thrown off track unexpectedly. I just don’t do well without planning things out.
6. And I’ve heard this from my husband a lot over the years. The answer is always, ‘no’.
8. I need a nap. I look forward to the weekends partly because I love to nap and I usually get to take a nap both days when the peanut takes hers.
9. This happened earlier in the week and I was really excited. When an author takes the time to recognize their readers – it geeks me out and makes me happy.
10. Wives – hug your husbands. A co-worker of mine lost her husband this week to a heart attack at the very young age of 39. A seemingly healthy guy who you would have never expected something like this to happen to. It’s so tragic and awful that my heart breaks for her and her 3 children. Life is too short – pick your battles, appreciate everything, and hold onto each other.
And with that – have a lovely weekend!