Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
2. We’re entering the busiest time of the year at work – Fiscal Year End. I work in Accounting, so you accountants out there understand what that means. I am the Admin Assistant, so I’m not impacted very much – but I’m feeling the stress of my peers around me. And every year it makes me glad I’m not an actual accountant.
3. A sure fire way of angering my OCD is by leaving every cabinet door or drawer open in the house. I walk through my house several times a day just closing the things that have been left wide open.
4. My daughter lives in a constant musical. She wakes up singing and doesn’t stop until she goes to bed. It’s pretty sweet and hilarious, and she’s pretty good at it, as far as being on key goes. It makes me happy that she’s so happy all the time. I remember singing all the time as a kid, and I’m that girl you see driving down the road singing at the top of her lungs.
5. THE SUN IS SHINING. After a week of god-awful rain every.damn.day – we finally have sunshine and warm temps. I got to open my windows and sleep with them open last night. This is how it feels to live in Ohio, in May.
6. I have the best friends ever. This is what they did for my birthday on Friday. They get me. Combining my love for Dunkin Donuts and my love for Grumpy Cat.
7. New favorite song (this seems to be a weekly occurance) – Red Lights by Tiesto. A dance-in-the-car, blasting full volume song.
8. Bout of Books is next week! I set a goal of 2 books. I’ll be happy with that if I can manage it. It’ll be fun following other readathoners during the week.
9. Things that make me happy are checking my Kindle pending downloads and seeing one of my favorite authors emailed her newest book to me this week.
10. Although it’s a struggle sometimes, I’m learning that I just have to let some things go. I’m a chronic people-pleaser and care too much how people feel about me. This said it all for me this week.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you mommies! Have a fabulous weekend.