Currently reading: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Pages read: 354
Running total of pages read: 375
Amount of time spent reading: 8 hours off and on
End of Readathon Meme:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? 9:00 – I drifted off and slept a few hours to wake up and plow through a novella until 12:30.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think any short novella is key to success. I felt like I accomplished something by getting through one quickly!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? This was my first year and I thought it was awesome. I loved connecting with other readers.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The posts, reminders, and Tweets really kept me in the loop.
- How many books did you read? 2
- What were the names of the books you read? Hard Time & Snow-Kissed
- Which book did you enjoy most? They were both amazing 5 star reads for me.
- Which did you enjoy least? Personally, it was that I didn’t feel well and was fighting a miserable headache all day. Not one thing about the marathon itself was unpleasant – everyone did awesome!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn’t a Cheerleader, but thank you to all that cheered me on – I appreciated that so much!!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I like to just focus on reading as much as possible, since I rarely get an entire day to read like that. I will definitely be participating in the next one, but mostly just to read and maybe hopefully participate in more of the challenges than I did this time.
6 PM Update: Well, today is not going as I had hoped, unfortunately. Not feeling the greatest and it’s slowed down my reading quite a bit. Took a break for dinner and to refuel and going to dive back in. I did at least finish a book, so yay! It’s not the number of pages I was going for but it’s something at least and I’m happy with that. Plus I LOVED the book, so that’s a plus. Starting a new book and this will probably be all I will manage for the readathon – but that’s okay! I’m just happy I’ve gotten some reading in today. I’m skipping the mini challenges and not getting online too much – just trying to focus on reading as much as I can. Going to stay up as long as I can manage.
8 AM Update: I made it until midnight before waving the white flag. Finished the last hundred pages of a novella this morning and, even though I didn’t meet my original goal – I’m really happy I was able to push through and finish 2 books.
Time to go catch up on how everyone else did. The best part of this experience for me was interacting with other readathoners and sharing in my love of reading. Definitely plan on signing up again in the fall! And thanks to the hosts and cheerleaders and everyone who makes the readathon so fun!