Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I finished a book this week. YAY! I don’t need to revoke my bookworm card. I was seriously doubting myself because my reading mojo has been lacking lately. I finished The Husband’s Secret and it was really good. It will make for an awesome book club discussion at work next week.
2. I just remembered that next week I have to get my license plates renewed and it’s the year I need a new drivers license. There goes $75 down the drain. Happy Birthday to me. Such a waste of money and I hate spending money on anything to do with vehicles, including repairs/maintenance. Which reminds me that I need an oil change, too. Fuck.
3. This week has been a draining week for my family. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was fitting.
4. On Sunday, I was checking Bloglovin and was shocked to click on a post from Tough Critic Book Reviews and find out I won something! I never win anything! I won an autographed book and CD from my favorite author – Colleen Hoover. I have been anxiously waiting for it to arrive in the mail. If you haven’t read Maybe Someday – I recommend it. One of the bests books I’ve read so far this year.
5. I returned something at Target this past weekend and managed to walk out without buying anything. Target is my kryptonite.
6. I am loving that the past few days we’ve been able to have the windows open. Well, up until yesterday when the temps dropped again. I’ll be glad when I get to turn the heat off and leave it off for awhile.
7. I got all the spring cleaning done in my house on Friday, like I had hoped. I could barely walk on Saturday, but it’s done. I do believe that constitutes as my exercise for the next year. And I have an entire pile of crap, er, sale items for our family garage sale this summer. I can’t wait to get all of that out of my house. And now, except for my normal weekly cleaning, I feel like I can enjoy the weekends without that list hanging over my head. And I did clean the damn baseboards. Although, I really don’t know why.
8. Saturday and Sunday were fun (and very busy) days with my daughter. Her happiness makes every minute worth it. Her excitement over searching for Easter eggs and playing outside (we had fantastic weather on Sunday) was priceless.
And mommy collapsed in her chair with a tall glass of wine on Sunday night.
Happy almost weekend!