Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
2. Am I the only person who hates changing/upgrading their phone? Because I despise it. It’s a pain in the ass. My phone has had a good 4 year run, but she’s getting retired this week. I didn’t want to keep putting it off until the day she wouldn’t even turn on…and I knew that day was coming soon.
3. I’ve started thinking about my list of books for the Dewey’s Readathon on the 26th. I know that I won’t be able to read the full 24 hours so I’m setting realistic goals for myself. I’m hoping to at least read 12-15 hours and finish 2 books. Or if I’m already in the middle of a few books, I could finish those and squeak another in. I’m being a little too ambitious, but I’m excited to spend an entire day reading. It’s been years since I’ve been able to do something like this, and I miss those days of laying around in my pj’s and finishing a book from cover to cover.
Have any of you participated in a readathon and do you have any advice for me?
4. I have a lot of things on my list to spring clean this weekend. Which means I will probably kill myself to get it all done in one day. Once I start, I won’t be able to stop. Is it even worth it? Are people looking at my baseboards?
5. Christina Perri is going to be in Cleveland next week and I’m really wishing I could go.
6. My baby girl had to be put on an antibiotic for the first time ever this week because of strep throat. I hate having to give her medicine twice a day but she hates it more. She’s such a happy kid that you wouldn’t even know she’s sick.
7. Have you seen this video floating around Facebook about the world’s toughest job? Made me cry my flippin eyes out. Love you, Mom!
8. I normally hate my birthday and would prefer to just skip it every year. But this year I’m using it as an excuse to get some friends together just for the fun of it. Good friends and good laughs – I’m looking forward to it now. Can I have this cake?
I seriously love Grumpy Cat.
Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!