Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I finished Mud Vein this week and I’m disappointed to say that it was not what I had hoped. See my review here. It put me in the worst mood and I’m still thinking about it – and not in a good way. Now I need a really good book to comfort me after that.
2. It’s been one of those weeks. I don’t know if it’s the constant weather change back and forth or what – but I am struggling to get motivated every morning & I need a serious attitude adjustment. I think I need a vacation. A vacation in my bed with my coffee and Kindle, specifically.
3. One of my friends shared this link with me of hilariously honest notes kids wrote. If you need a good laugh, they are hysterical. I, too, wish it would rain tacos.
4. Speaking of kids saying funny things – my daughter, Sunnie, is at that age where everything that comes out of her mouth is hilarious. This week everything is ‘disgusting’. Yesterday morning my husband and I were standing in the bathroom together getting ready, and Sunnie walks in and says, ‘are you two together?’. I responded, ‘yes, we’re always together’. And she yells, ‘that’s disgusting!’ and walks away, as my husband and I crack up. Oh, the honesty of a 3 year old.
5. Some days I crave the simplicity of the life I had growing up. Easter, for example – I got a basket of candy and one toy. Which was generally a small toy or CD or book. My mom would hide the basket in the house and I had to find it. Then we’d go to church and celebrate the real reason for the holiday, and mom would make a big meal afterwards, followed by gorging myself on all of my candy. Times have really changed, and it makes me appreciate my childhood.
6. My girlfriend and I are supposed to get together this weekend to make these. I’m pretty excited.
7. I had to call this week to get the paperwork to enroll my baby in preschool in the fall. The time is going so quickly and makes me sad. Parenting is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but it’s also the most rewarding.
8. I’m looking forward to a shortened work week next week. I definitely feel the burn out and could use a day to recharge. My idea of recharging will be spring cleaning my house. My OCD knows no bounds, but I’m crazy and enjoy it.
Have a great weekend!