I decided to participate in Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts – a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. Here goes!
1. We finally had some nice weather in Ohio this week. Even got up to 75 degrees on Tuesday – which is a little higher than this vampire cares for, but I know everyone else was thrilled. At least we got to open the windows and air the stank out of the house. I got into one of my OCD moods and organized all of my daughters clothes – her dresser and closet. Did the old winter/summer switcharoo – so that means it CAN NOT get cold again. Okay, Mother Nature?
2. I’m excited for the return of baseball season. Something my hubby and I enjoy watching together. Hopefully this season is as good as the last. Today is the home opener and I hope we get a win. ROLLTRIBE!
3. Something else I’m excited for this time of year – getting out the fire pit. Can’t wait!
4. I’m in love with Christina Perri’s new album – Head or Heart. It’s fantastic and I love every song. It’s rare that I buy an album and love almost every song on it. Some of my favorite tracks are burning gold, be my forever, human, i don’t wanna break, and shot me in the heart. I highly recommend the entire album!
5. I started two books this week…and managed to finish one of them. Check out my review for When I Surrender by Kendall Ryan. I love this series!
6. What is more fun than coming home to a box from Amazon? I was so stoked to get a big book credit from them and I went a little click happy. Came home to this happy surprise last night.
7. Yesterday, when I picked up my daughter after work and she ran to great me at the door with the biggest hug ever – it totally made my day. I know those moments won’t last forever, so I try to take note of them daily. She’s growing up way too fast.
8. I found out yesterday that I will be getting this on my Kindle this weekend and I CAN’T WAIT. I’m in the mood for something intense that I know will crush me completely, and I know Tarryn Fisher will deliver.
Speaking of Tarryn Fisher – if you haven’t read the Love Me with Lies Series – I highly recommend. It will be the most gut-wrenching, intense series you’ll ever read but it’s worth every minute. It’s on sale today only!
9. I keep thinking about adopting another cat. I have a sweet little girl cat who’s 12 years old, named Baby. I had a chubby boy who accidentally got out of the house a year ago and has never come home. It completely broke my heart and I haven’t been able to think about getting another cat for a long time. I miss him terribly, and I’ve started thinking more and more about finding a new chubby boy to bring home.
Baby and Rockie
10. Happy Weekend!
What were some of the highlights of your week?