I wanted to incorporate some of my personal life into the blog. But not on a daily basis because, honestly, I’m extremely lazy and figure I’ll be lucky to post once a week. I decided to participate in Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts – a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. Here goes!
1. I got zero reading done all week because I’m getting over a miserable cold. I hate going days without reading. But thankfully I’m feeling better and hope to pick my Kindle back up today. I’m reading a suspense right now – The Butcher. I haven’t been able to get far enough to even know if I like it, yet.
2. Speaking of reading – I’m bored with all of my book selections lately. I don’t know if I’m burnt out or need to switch things up from my norm. I can usually hammer out a few books a week, but lately I just can’t keep up. I want to read allll the books but then I can’t decide on one or get into anything that I start. And even though I love my Kindle, I’ve been craving reading a real actual book. A trip to the library was in order – I have gotten out of the habit of going to the library regularly ever since getting a Kindle. So, I started taking my daughter to the library 2 weeks ago and she loves it. Seeing her excitement reminded me of how I used to feel as a kid and would check out stacks of books every few weeks with my mom. I hope to make it a regular monthly trip for us and to get out of my reading rut soon.
3. I decided this week that I’m going to participate in my first 24-hour read-a-thon. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and the nerd in me is really excited about it.
4. Went used bookstore shopping and then wine shopping yesterday with my sister-in-law. Found a couple books and then had fun wine tasting at World Market afterwards. You may find me at World Market every Saturday at 2:00…
5. I didn’t mean for my first Sunday Six to be entirely about reading and books. You’d think I had no other hobbies. Well, I pretty much don’t.
6. Where I’m obsessed with reading and books – my husband is obsessed with bass fishing. He took the boat to the lake today, in the cold, because he can’t stand another minute of being cooped up inside. Everyone is getting stir crazy around here. We have had a brutal Ohio winter and even had another snow last night, to everyone’s horror. And that’s coming from a person who loves winter and snow and cold weather and being a hermit. Even I’m sick of it now. It’s time to let go of winter, Mother Nature. We got your point.
Now I’m going to go play Barbie’s with my girl…and I see a nap in my near future. Have a great week and happy reading!